DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH:
Department of English is one of the oldest Departments and exists since the very inception of the college, i.e. 7th August, 1972. Major in English was introduced in the academic session 1989-90. Enriched with 3 experienced permanent and 1 Guest faculty members, the Department is highly active in the curricular and extra-curricular activities. Special features of the Department are as follows:
1. Excellent faculty members with undergraduate teaching experience.
2. Good results at undergraduate level.
3. A few members are resource persons for many academic activities.
4. A few members are active in co-curricular activities.
5. Good departmental library.
6. Started post graduate distance education through IDOL
7. Conducts Seminar Classes every week where students are encouraged to present Seminar Papers prepared under the guidance of teachers.
8. Publishes the Departmental Bulletin “The Bulletin” annually which contains the selected papers presented by the students in the Seminar Classes and articles of the teachers.
9. Has been conducting 3 months Certificate Course in Communicative English since 2004 twice in a year.
Mr. Indranil Sarkar, Associate Professor & H.O.D
Educational Qualification: M.A.
Date of Joining: 01.01.1986
Email ID: [email protected]
More Details (as read more):
Mr. Indranil Sarkar, Associate Professor
1. The Superman- Bernard Shaw, Tagore and Cloning, “The Bulletin”: The Journal of the Department of English, Sapatgram College, Vol-I, April, 2004, No.2
2. Indianness in the Poems of Nissim Ezekiel, “The Bulletin”: The Journal of the Department of English, Sapatgram College, Vol-II, September, 2007, No.1
1. Presented a paper in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on the Theme “Extension Education with Special Reference to the North-East Region” held on 8th & 9th January 2005 at Sapatgram College, Sapatgram, Dhubri, Assam titled “Right to Privacy as a Fundamental Human Right”.
2. Presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Post-Independence Indian Literature” held on 3rd February, 2005 organized by Sapatgram College, Sapatgram in collaboration with the Department of English, Gauhati University, Kokrajhar Campus titled “Indianness in the Poems of Nissim Ezikiel”.
1. Organised the State Level Seminar on “Regionalism and Indian Literature” as Joint Coordinator held on 23rd March 2003 organized by Sapatgram College, Sapatgram, Dhubri, Assam.
2. Organized the National Seminar on “Post-Independence Indian Literature” as Joint Coordinator held on 3rd Feb. 2005 organized by Sapatgram College in collaboration with the Department of English, Gauhati University, Kokrajhar Campus.
3. Organized the “Lecture on Impact of Revolutionary Poetry on Indian Struggle for Freedom” as Joint Coordinator held on 13th October, 2009 organized by Sapatgram College in collaboration with Department of English, Gauhati University, Kokrajhar Campus.
4. Organized the National Seminar on “Recritiquing Romanticism” as Joint Coordinator organized by Sapatgram College on 7th & 8th April, 2012.
5. Organized the National Seminar on “Gender Studies in Indian Perspective: History, Politics & Text” as Joint Coordinator on 3rd & 4th October, 2013 organised by Sapatgram College in collaboration with Department of English, Bodoland University, Kokrajhar.
1. Participated in the International Workshop cum Seminar on Fine Arts held from 21st to 31st December 2001 in Kokrajhar Music & fine Arts College, Kokrajhar, BTAD, Assam
2. Attended the Workshop on “Semester System in Degree Level under Gauhati University” organized by Ratnapith College on 21st July 2011 at Ratnapith College, Bahalpur, P.O.: Chapar, Dhubri, Assam.
Miss Sudeshna Chakraborty, Guest Lecturer
Educational Qualification: M.A. B. Ed.
Date of Joining: 20.07.2011
Email ID: [email protected]