DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
Department of Education is one of the oldest Departments and exists since the very inception of the college, i.e. 7th August, 1972. Major in Education was introduced in the session 1995-96. The college along with the Department of Education has carved out a distinguished mark in the records of Gauhati University in its results. Several students of the Department have got 1st class in the Major Course in Degree final examinations. Enriched with 3 faculty members consisting of 1 Ph.D and 2 postgraduates, the Department is highly active in the curricular and co-curricular activities. Special features of the Department are as follows:
- Excellent faculty members with undergraduate teaching experience.
- Good results at undergraduate level.
- A few members are resource persons for many academic activities.
- A few members are active in research work as well as social work.
- Good Departmental Library.
- Started postgraduate distance education through IDOL
- Conducts Seminar Classes every week where students are encouraged to present Seminar Papers prepared under the guidance of teachers.
- 1 faculty member is in the final stage of Ph.D. work.
Mr. Shyamal Saha, Associate Professor
Educational Qualification: M.A, B.Ed.
Date of Joining: 02.12.1991
Dr. Munmun Banerjee, Assistant Professor
Educational Qualification: P.H.D, M.A, B.Ed., M.Phil.
Date of Joining: 02.07.2012
Email ID: [email protected]