DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
Department of Education is one of the oldest Departments and exists since the very inception of the college, i.e. 7th August, 1972. Major in Education was introduced in the session 1995-96. The college along with the Department of Education has carved out a distinguished mark in the records of Gauhati University in its results. Several students of the Department have got 1st class in the Major Course in Degree final examinations. Enriched with 3 faculty members consisting of 1 Ph.D and 2 postgraduates, the Department is highly active in the curricular and co-curricular activities. Special features of the Department are as follows:
- Excellent faculty members with undergraduate teaching experience.
- Good results at undergraduate level.
- A few members are resource persons for many academic activities.
- A few members are active in research work as well as social work.
- Good Departmental Library.
- Started postgraduate distance education through IDOL
- Conducts Seminar Classes every week where students are encouraged to present Seminar Papers prepared under the guidance of teachers.
- 1 faculty member is in the final stage of Ph.D. work.
Mr. Shyamal Saha, Associate Professor
Educational Qualification: M.A, B.Ed.
Date of Joining: 02.12.1991
More Details (as Read More):
1. Presented a paper in the Seminar on Environment on 22nd March 2003 at Gauhati University: Kokrajhar Campus titled “Environmental Education”
Participation in International Conferences:
1. Participated in the 2nd International Conference on “Brahmaputra Civilization” held from 28th to 30th January 2005.
2. Participated in the International Seminar on “Socio-Cultural Life of the Char People of Assam: Origin and Development” held on 8th & 9th Feb. 2005 at Alopati Mazar Char Bazar, Kalairdia, Barpeta, Assam
Dr. Munmun Banerjee, Assistant Professor
Educational Qualification: P.H.D, M.A, B.Ed., M.Phil.
Date of Joining: 02.07.2012
Email ID: [email protected]
More Details (as Read More):
1. Presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Policies Adopted and Practices by the Boards of Secondary Education on Various Issues: Affiliation, Admission, Recruitment, Curriculum and Examination” held on 09-10 December, 2010 at University of Gour Banga, Malda, West Bengal titled “Policy Perspectives of Evaluation System at Elementary Level Under Different Boards of North Eastern States – a Practical Analysis”
2. Presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Examination Reform in Secondary Education” held on 17-18 February, 2012 at North Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya titled “Quality Concern for Students Evaluation at School Stage: An Analysis From North-East India Perspective”.
1. Participated in the International Workshop cum Seminar on Fine Arts held from 21st to 31st December 2004 in Kokrajhar Music & Fine Arts College, Kokrajhar, BTAD, Assam.
2. Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Extension Education with Special Reference to the North-East Region” held at Sapatgram College, Sapatgram on 08-09 January 2005.
3. Participated in the Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi Sponsored Workshop on “Research Methodology in Social Sciences” held on 8th -12thFebruary 2010 at Assam University, Silchar.
4. Participated in the four day Workshop on “Studies on North-East India” held under the “The Asiatic Society” from 29th March to 1st April 2010 at 1, Park Street, Kolkata.
Fellowship: Availed NCERT Doctoral Fellowship, 2009 for 3 years w.e.f 20.07.2009.
1. Participated in the Indian Council of Social Science Research First Social Scientist Meet organized by the ICSSR, North Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong on 8th -9thMarch 2010 at ICSSR-NERC, NEHU Campus, Shillong, Meghalaya.
2. Has written several scripts for Radio Broadcast in Prasar Bharati, All India Radio, Kokrajhar.