DEPARTMENT OF BODO:
Department of Bodo was established in 2001 with a single faculty member. The Department has been catering to the needs of the students in this economically backward and rural area of Dhubri district since its establishment. The faculty member is highly active in curricular and co-curricular activities. Special features of the Department are as follows:
- Excellent faculty member with undergraduate teaching experience.
- Good results at undergraduate level.
- The faculty member is a Resource Person in many academic activities.
- Good Departmental Library.
- The faculty member takes the classes of Environmental Studies at Degree level.
Mr. Argeng Narzary, Assistant Professor.
Educational Qualification: M.A., Diploma in Bodo, SLET.
Date of Joining: 09.01.2001
Email ID: [email protected]
More Details (as Read More):
1. The Business of Bodos as Reflected in the Short Stories of Nilkamal Brhma, “Phwrwnglai” , Vol-VIII, 2002. ISSN: 2278-8085
1. “Gahai Alasi”- A Short Story in Bodo “Agdari”. A Mouthpiece of Dotma Primary Bodo Sahitya Sabha, Vol-V, Editor: Tharsing Basumatary, 2010.
2. Dialogue in the Short Stories of Sri Haribhusan Brahma: An Analysis “Phwrwnglai” Vol-VII, Published by Bodo Department Teachers’ Association, Editor: Ganesh Boro, 2011.
3. “Phagunni Romance”- A Short Story in Bodo, “Lousa” Souvenir of 44th Annual Conference KDC, ABSU and 39th Annual Conference of DAC, ABSU, Editor: Jharsing Basumata, 2013.
4. “Mwnda”, A Short Story in Bodo, “The Bodo”- Mouthpiece of Bodo Sahitya Sahba, 30th Issue on the occasion of 44th Annual Conference of Bodo Sahitya Sabha, Editor: Praban Borgoyary, 2005.
5. “Gwrwbwi” Sankhanthy”,- A Short Story in Bodo, “Bisombi”- Published by: Inter College Youth Festible of Gauhati University, 2005, organized by Kokrajhar College, Editor: D.D. Mwshahary, 2005.
6. Sinaythini Angkal – A Short Story in Bodo: “Agdari”- Mouthpiece of Dotoma Primary Bodo Sahitya Sabha, Issue-I, Editor: Rangina Dwimary, 2002.
7. Gwdan Dantharu, A Short Story in Bodo: “Sangrang”- Mouthpiece of Dotma Anchalik Committee, ABSU, Issue-III, Editor: Prithiraj Basumatary, 2002.
1. Presented a paper in the Sahitya Akademi Sponsored National Seminar on “Literary Contribution of Nilkamal Brahma” held on 6th and 7th November 2011 at Bodoland University, Kokrajhar, Assam, titled “Business- The Profession of Bodos: Reflected in Nilkamal Brahma’s Short Stories”
2. Presented a paper in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Imparting Quality Education in Colleges of Rural Areas: Dynamics and Challenges” held on 6th and 7th February 2012 at Kokrajhar Girls’ College, Kokrajhar, BTC, Assam, titled “Socio-Economic Conditions of Rural Areas and its Impact on Quality Education: As Analytical Study with Reference to BTAD”
3. Presented a paper in the National Seminar on “Recritiquing Romanticism” held on 7th & 8th April 2012 at Sapatgram College, Sapatgram, Dhubri, Assam, titled “Iswar Chandra Musahary – The First Great Bodo Romantic Poet: An Analysis”
4. Presented a paper in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Gender and Development in North-East India” held on 2nd and 3rd June 2012 at Gossaigaon College, Gossaigaon, BTC, Assam, titled “Status and Role of Bodo Women in Society and Economic Development: An Overview”
5. Presented a paper in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “The Impact of Modernity on the Tribal of Assam” held on 10th November 2012 at Bengtol College, Bengtol, BTAD, Assam, titled “The Cultural Amalgation ot Bodos as the Consequences of Modernity: An Overview on Religion”
6. Presented a paper in the Sahitya Akademi Sponsored National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Literature with Special Reference to Bodo ” held on 3rd & 4th November 2012 at Bodoland University, Kokrajhar, Assam, titled “Symbolist Meaning in Brajendra Kr. Brahma’s Poetry: An Analysis”.
1. Participated in the International Workshop cum Seminar on Fine Arts held from 21st to 31st December 2004 at Kokrajhar Music & Fine Arts College, Kokrajhar, BTAD, Assam.
2. Participated in the Workshop on “Semester System in Degree Level under Gauhati University” held on 21st July 2011 at Ratnapith College, Bahalpur, P.O. Chapar, Dhubri (Assam).
3. Participated in the International Seminar cum Workshop on “Critical Theory and its Practice in 21st Century” held from 22nd to 24th February 2013 at Bodoland University, Kokrajhar, BTAD, Assam.
4. Attended the Orientation Programme for Translators in Bodo held from 31st January to 5th February 2012 at Kokrajhar Girls’ College, Kokrajhar, BTAD, Assam.